Global Information Governance Day, or GIGD, is an international holiday that occurs on the third Thursday in February. The purpose of Global Information Governance Day is to raise the awareness of information governance.Hoe kun je deze dag vieren?
Information governance is an emerging term often defined as the enforcement of desirable behavior in the creation, use, archiving, and deletion of corporate information. Gartner Inc., an information technology research and advisory firm, defines information governance as the specification of decision rights and an accountability framework to encourage desirable behavior in the valuation, creation, storage, use, archival and deletion of information. It includes the processes, roles, standards and metrics that ensure the effective and efficient use of information in enabling an organization to achieve its goals.
Barclay T Blair doet zes suggesties:
Mag ik daar een ding aan toevoegen?
- Clean up and shut down an old departmental shared drive, just for fun.Chip away at your email inbox to try and achieve Inbox Zero.
- Take your IT department out for a drink and find out where the legacy information bodies are really buried.
- Drink some herbal tea, read Zen Buddhism for Dummies, and try not to panic when you think about how big the problem is at your organization.
- Take six or seven hours and try to explain to your friends and family, what exactly do you do for a living again anyway?
- Participate in the first annual Global Information Governance Day Twitter chat.
- Wees vandaag extra vriendelijk voor Ad. Het is tenslotte zijn dag... ;-)
Information Governance volgens VHIC
Management met informatie
Bewaren is makkelijk, vernietigen dat is moeilijk
Plaatje: "gouvernante" Mary Poppins natuurlijk