Ha, weer eens iemand die misschien wel, misschien toch niet dood is.
Begin dit jaar zou José Lantigua gestorven zijn. Hij was de eigenaar van Circle K Furniture en een bekend man in Jacksonville, Florida.
De verzekeringsmaatschappij die de levensverzekering van $2.000.000 moet uitbetalen zegt echter dat de goede man helemaal niet dood is. Niet hij alweer in levende lijven is gesignaleerd. In de aangespannen rechtszaak gaat het vooral om al dan niet vervalste documenten en onwaarschijnlijkheden:
The suit, filed Nov. 5, in federal court alleges:Ik ben benieuwd.
- The physician who signed the death certificate attesting to the cause of death never received Lantigua’s body.
- The crematorium representative who supposedly conducted the cremation didn't and was paid money to generate or assist in the generation of falsified documents.
- The signature of at least one witness to the death certificate was forged.
- There are no records of compliance with numerous Venezuelan legal requirements regarding the disposition of bodies, such as an autopsy for natural death occurring outside of a hospital or assistance and investigation by governmental authorities for accidental deaths of unknown persons presented without families.
- Lantigua’s body was reportedly cremated at a crematorium located about 250 miles from the location of his reported death, even though there are a number of crematoria located closer.
- The cremation reportedly did not occur until four days after the death, even though the body was reportedly not prepared in any way prior to the cremation and likely would have rapidly decomposed during the lengthy travel in high temperatures.
- There is no record of a permit being issued to transport Lantigua’s body from the reported place of death to the reported place of cremation, nor any record of any funeral home at the location of the reported death providing assistance with any such transportation or handling of the body.
- The affidavit attesting to Lantigua’s cremation was falsified.
- At least two other individuals were involved in the plan to generate or obtain falsified documents in an effort to create evidence of Lantigua’s death.
Dood of levend?
Drie keer gestorven, vijf jaar cel